Monday, January 19, 2009

Today...

Although my heart and prayers are ongoing for the troops and their families that are still and yet to be deployed, today I remove the yellow ribbon from my blog that has been there since Marty left. I thought I would just take it off and that would be that, but I took a yellow ribbon off of a tree in front of my mother's home years ago when my brother came back from the Persian Gulf War, and this is so much like that was. I am amazed at the emotion this little task has wrought out of me.

Did I mention how grateful I am to a faithful Father for his care? Have I thanked each of you that prayed? Yes, and yes I know.... but it warranted repeating. I am grateful for Marty's protection and every last prayer.

Kim, I actually wrote this post earlier today, but it is just now I am taking the ribbon off.

Welcome Home!!! Marty!

6 comments:

Angie said...

These physical markers tell of a great spiritual accomplishment. I can understand the emotion.

I commented below after noting your visit to my place.

Kim said...

I'm sure your head and heart are full right now, Teresa, and it's probably one of the last things on your mind. Too bad you can't put a blog ribbon in your scrapbook or treasure box like you can a real ribbon. Well, I guess you could print it out, eh? ;)

Miss Jean said...

Teresa, from this military Mom to you - Praise God! I am so very happy and excited for your entire family. It's time to CELEBRATE!!! Give Marty a big hug for me.

carla said...

I'm so glad you're back.

And how wonderful that your loved one returned home safely!

Pam said...

Congratulations to Marty and to your whole family! A hearty welcome home. My nephew is due home from Iraq in February (his third tour of duty) and we hope he doesn't have to go back!

We still need to meet up for a coffee sometime!

Barbara said...

How wonderful for you all that Marty is home.