Saturday, January 26, 2013

The B.I.B.L.E, yes that's the Word for me.......

   This evening I thought I would get back on here and post something I submitted for a class I am taking. For those of you that don’t know; I attend a Bible college online and am hoping to finish on a campus when I am done with these first 30 classes that are available online. At the end of this term I will have 20 done and have thoroughly loved each one.

   The question for my response was, “The word of God has power to change peoples lives.  What scriptures have been particularly powerful in your life and why?”

The answer I sent in was as follows.

Jeremiah 1:5     “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
     My father drank alcohol in excess on and off and you never knew when the “on” time was going to hit, and he was in the military so we moved quite a bit. I enjoyed moving and meeting new people, but not having much stability at home as alcohol consumption always brought upheaval, and then never being anywhere very long at one time; I never had roots anywhere. I never knew what to say as an adult when asked where I was from. I loved life and was called a “dreamer” by most of my family, close and extended. One day a few years ago while at work, God brought to my mind the verse in Jeremiah 1:5. I simply could not shake it off to do my job so I went to the chapel our organization offered. In the less than 10 minutes I was in there God began to minister one on one to me, in that precious, stable quiet, that He had a plan for my life. This plan would take all of the empty wishes I had as little girl and all the dreams I had as a young woman, and all the daydreams I had at the time and call me out, use those things, and glorify Himself through me, if I would just trust Him and put my dreams and hopes in Him. He ministered to me how pleased He was with my heart and that His love for me was unconditional and an everlasting love. 
     The first part was a revelation to me right then, and it is as clear to me today as if it happened today. Oddly enough, I never really noticed the second half at that time.  As I press in and as I continue in these classes; that second portion of the verse is beginning to bear witness in me.

John 17:4     "I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do."     
     This verse initially changed my life years before the one above became revelation to me. Of all the prayers Jesus prayed to the Father, this is the one that penetrated my spirit and locked itself in there. This verse in that prayer is the goal, action plan and mission for my life. It is a short verse but taken apart is hours of meditating. Just start with “glorifying” God on the earth; that alone took me into years of studying God’s character, the fruit of the Spirit, so that I could walk His nature out before men. I still seek out what it means to operate in that fruit. I never grow tired of learning about it and the things I discover seem to be endless. To this very day and regularly, I will be studying a verse and God will show me how that is a part of one of the fruit. I suspect that will be the case the rest of the whole of my life. John 17:4 is all I really care about having said about me when my life here is over, unless of course the rapture comes first!

Psalm 46:10     "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,  I will be exalted in the earth!"     
     By nature I am a type A personality and in the supernatural I am the apple of God’s eye but He will be exalted without my trying to be Holy Ghost, Jr. In fact, in my letting God be God the stress was off of me and more and more I began to see people ask me about Him. The rocks will cry out if need be, all I need to do is walk in love and be that love letter God gave us so His light will shine and can be seen and read before all men in me. I have found this is usually done peacefully, quietly and orderly.

Matthew 14:14     "And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.”             
together with...
Matthew 12:15     "But when Jesus knew it, He withdrew from there. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all."
Settled that right there!




God's Word truly is alive and active and does change lives. I have seen where inmates in prison read God's Word and though they were physically incarcerated, they were reborn in their spirit and set free in their soul. The Word works! How has God's Word ministered to and changed you?



No comments: