Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Birthdays, Memories and Jesus!

   I have several grandchildren and the other day one of my grandsons called to say he hoped we were getting together for Christmas because it just would not be the same without me. How do you say HOTWIRE? Last summer I spent time with my daughter and her family. I was able to spend quality time with each of the children. At the end of my stay there my son~in~law thought it might be nice to go to the beach. Such good memories! I spent a day at the beach with this grandson. He, his sisters and I created a magical sand castle.

Our castle in the making. 

His birthday was a few weeks later. He, his mom, dad and sisters went on a Disney cruise with plenty of Caribbean sandy beach ports of call. I felt inspired to design and create this birthday card for him.


I loved creating a card that featured him framed as a piece of God's special artwork.




His birthday was the day on the cruise they were at Grand Caymen.

I love dolphins. I still have my Scholastic book on them from the Scholastic Book Club I bought in 1st or 2nd grade.

This is on my Bucket List.

He said the turtles at Grand Caymen Turtle Farm were his favorite thing. Some of them were as big as 500 pounds.


And there I was thinking the Queen of England was the only one with two grand birthday cakes with celebrations to follow.  See below at dinner.

As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”
Psalm 16:3



I made this for him when he was much younger. Given the way he celebrated his birthday perhaps an updated rendition of this card would have been more appropriate.



One of my favorite books.


   Just like birthdays of friends and family, we celebrate a very special birthday at Christmas. Christmas is when we celebrate the birthday of, Jesus. That is why it is such a wonderful time of the year. Yes, I am humming it. I am excited. Just like our earthy family and friends birthdays we are excited, we plan for this big birthday, we celebrate, have great food, a time of fellowship, have parties, give gifts, send cards, sing, and make precious and priceless memories.

   Jesus is the best gift ever and always will be. He is so precious to me and His love and being Lord of my life can never have a price tag on it, He paid it all for me. He paid it for everyone that will receive the precious gift of His love. I think of this everyday of the year, but this time of the year we celebrate it! How will you celebrate God's precious gift this year? What memories are you making with your family and friends? I would love to hear all about them. I enjoy the email I receive from readers.


No comments: