Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I love the good things in life.

And this, is one of them. The other day, Jon went across the street to talk to Mr. .... You could not ask for better neighbors. They are really good and nice people. They are Christians, and it shows! Big time. Anyway, I had baked some Oatmeal Raisin cookies the day before. Was it because I had been looking at cookie recipes online, or because I am reading the last in the Hannah Swensen Cookie Mysteries, or because I was out of anything to have with tea..... who knows?? I baked the decadent things. Of course I was catching myself eating them when it was not time to have tea. I had already given a good portion of the batch away to another neighbor, and now it was time to get rid of the rest. This neighbor Jon, was going to go talk to, have five children. I got those little tasty treats wrapped up, and off they went. Whew!!!! Not too much damage done, and now they are gone. No more baking for a while.

So today, I am getting ready to have dinner and one of the daughter's of the neighbor Jon, was talking to comes over. Always nice to see her. Below is why she came over. She made me a Thank You card, for the cookies, and had her sister's sign it! Her younger brother's were busy outside doing whatever it is little boys do. Etiquette and good manners still exist! And in the next generation! This is such a good thing. I am so touched and encouraged that I just had to stop what I was doing and share this. I have only photographed the upper portion of the inside of the card so as to protect their privacy.

I do believe by the looks of this card, this girl is stamper in the making. :-)





Be blessed (I just was),

No comments: