Monday, July 28, 2008

A pale attempt at showing how very much I care.



You may remember on May 23rd, I posted "Take a Walk With Me Around My Little Town". In that, I mentioned a woman, Mary Ann Wenzel. She is a retired high school nurse, my school nurse, now working at the library in the town I lived in. In December, her husband passed away. I was so saddened by that. Not long ago, her daughter Jean Therese Wenzel, only 47 years young, passed away. This was unexpected and naturally I was quite saddened. I have not made a card in some time, but I just could not bring my self to buy a ready made card for Mary Ann. So, I thought I might give you all a look at my first card in quite some time... that I really wish I had had no reason, or at least a different reason to make. I really care about, Mary Ann. She is one of those special people in my life that I count a blessing. I have not missed being in, Chesterton. I would like to be able to see her, drop off some cookies, scones, banana bread, something... and just tell her how much I care, and that I am there. But, the card has to do. I'm not there am I? I like where I am and don't miss Indiana, but this one is tough.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Well, my friend, it's a beauty, and I'm sure it will bless her, because a handmade card is like a big hug. It says, "I cared enough to make this just for you." I'm glad you took the time to create for a friend. Thanks for sharing it with us. ((hug))

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Teresa,

It's a beautiful card and I'm sure it will mean so much to your friend.

Unknown said...

That's such a beautiful card, I would feel very blessed to receive it and I am certain she will too