Thursday, July 10, 2008

So simple, so true.

Yesterday, I said I would give you an overview on what has been happening here since we arrived. I don't know how many times today I have headed in this direction and something else took precedence. I apologize. I am certain tomorrow I will get an "all caught up" post up.

In the meantime, I stumbled on a quote, in a blog I have visited in the past. I used to visit One Woman's Cottage Life, when we were beginning our redoing of the Chesterton, house. I found her blog very informational and fun. This quote can be appreciated by all, but for those downsizing, spring/fall cleaning, remodeling, or relocating... it is precious and I just had to touch base with all of you today, so I thought I would offer this quote to you. It struck me as so true.

Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. ~William Morris

And of course, beauty means different things to everyone.

Have a beautiful day,

3 comments:

Miss Jean said...

Thanks for taking time out during this hectic time and visiting my blog. Moving is such an enormous task. The last time I moved was 21 years ago and it was ony about 15 miles! I can imagine the magnitude of work you have to do. So with that, take it slow and easy. There's always tomorrow! Maggie sends her greetings to Baxter!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Teresa, I love the William Morris quote and try to follow that advice. Seems I need to take a run through of the house every season or so to ask myself if things are useful and/or beautiful to me. Thanks for the gentle reminder. Your new pic is so nice. Good luck with the settling in to your new digs!

Unknown said...

Wise words indeed, now if only I could apply them!