Sunday, April 1, 2007

Greetings!

When my husband first told me about "blogging", I thought it sounded a little self absorbed and like a colossal waste of time. Once again, snap judgement proves me wrong.

A few years ago, I was introduced to rubber stamping. I knew right then I had found the one hobby that I could focus on. I gave away all of my other hobby paraphernalia. That snap judgement actually worked out for me. I began surfing around on the net trying to find ideas for cards. It did not take any time at all to find Kim, at www.nuttnhoney.net. Eureka! I really stopped looking any further. She had a page with stamp sets alphabetized, and then loads of amazing pictures of cards made from the listed sets. I caught myself going there regularly. Next thing you know, I'm reading her blog. Who knew? She had posts that always seemed to interest me like gardening and recipes. Last fall, Kim posted about an article in the book entitled, Created to be His Help Meet. That post spoke to my heart, as have several of her entries. That was when I started clicking on her links to other blogs. WOW!!! More cards! More frugal women! Where had I been hibernating??? Some of the posts out there have altered how I do things. What is it Proverbs says.... heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume... my paraphrase?

Well, so here I am, wiping humble pie off of my lips. I want to be a part of this circle of inspiring women. A part of the blogosphere. Again, who knew? But before I begin, I want to say thank you to all the women I've been encouraged and inspired by, just because you faithfully blog. And, a really special thank you to, Kim MacNutt. Kim, you have not only been a practical influence in my life for quite some time, but a real encouragement to me when you never even knew it... or me for that matter. And, it's because you are so faithful and transparent.......... thanx!

Be blessed!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my, Teresa!! You're making me blush! I'm so very honored that I've blessed you so much. To God be the glory! He is leading me where I am going, as He is leading you. ((hugs)) and welcome to blogging!

Kim said...

I wanted to comment on your cards, but comments are off, I think, on those posts. Suffice it to say, you rock, Teresa!! I LOVE your cards!

Kim said...

Hmmm, I see them now. Oh well, lol!