Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Roses in Winter





The whole concept of "joy" has really been on my heart lately. The sentiment from the Stampin Up "Roses in Winter" set sort of follows along the path I'm on to study "joy". "Memory is the power to gather roses in winter". I don't suppose it really is a statement about joy, but the concept is there. Even when someone dies, and we are in shock and then begin to miss them terribly, we still have the memories of them. That so reminds me of what joy is. No matter what is going on around us. Regardless of how unhappy a situation we find ourselves in may be, we can still have joy. Joy and happiness are not even close to the same thing. Happiness is contingent on our surroundings and circumstances. It is a very fickle thing. But joy is one of God's characteristics and it is in His presence we can have fullness of joy. As long as we stay close to God...here is that word again... as long as we abide in Him, we have a fullness of joy...regardless of what is going on around us. I LOVE that!!!

When I was stamping this card, that was the sort of thing on my mind. The sentiment just struck me since it seemed to be about the same thing. Which came first... chicken or egg? Did I grab that set because of what was on my heart... or was the sentiment the catalyst that got me really meditating on the joy I have in Jesus??? But really, how many sympathy cards can you do in one week and not pull out the "Roses In Winter" anyway??

May you have the joy, joy, joy, joy way down in your heart! (Can't you just hear it?)

No comments: